Why Children can`t sleep
More and more Children unable to sleep well
Again we get very sad informations from the Clinic of Sleep behavior that say that counsels on children have increased in over 15% last year. 10 years ago it was more than 50% less.
Neurology Dr. Silvano Vello guesses that about 10% of all Children are affected of Sleep disorders.
Experts believe it is caused by the following factors:
- Eating– lots of Children eat heavy, too much and not on a regular timing. Meaning the eating time changes day to day. Also consuming Soft other high sugar containing beverages and even energy drinks. Also children more often seem to get coffee…
- Electronic Devices. The LED light of Computers, TC and such. Besides that a lot of adolescence chat and use them just until the moment they fall asleep. Screens before bed are just not smart and keep you from going into a deep sleep at night.
- Ritalin – a very common Sleep disruptive factor…
- Unstable Family situations. A lot of Children are simply missing out on a primary Caregiver that brings them to bed on time and enables them to speak out thoughts and experiences of the past day. Time to ask questions and talk about fears and worries about the next day to come. Family problems also make it hard to fall asleep.
- School – school basically just starts so early that the biorhythm rhythm of adolescents is becoming mixed up and that brings sleeping disorders. Also pressure in school disables older children to sleep well. Pressure often keeps minds busy till late night and then it just carries on into the sleep.
- Clubs and out of school Activities... A lot of them happen in the evening often even after supper. Most children need quite for some time after they are done until they get somewhere close to a “ready to go to sleep” mode.